Monday, August 22, 2011

2008 Stickybeak Syrah



This wine has been given anywhere from 88 points (wine enthusiast) to 91 points (Jerry Lawson). Chris and I bought this wine at a wine tasting back in the spring. Our neighbor Angela also came to the wine tasting with us and also purchased this wine. I loved the wine at the tasting, it was what I sometimes refer to as "my kid of wine" meaning ample juicy berry flavors, smoke, good mouthfeel, and a lingering finish (no doubt helped by its 18 months in French oak). This wine is all that. But what Angela and I really loved about the wine was the name, Stickybeak - literally meaning "nosey neighbor" because. This name rang true for us, Angela and I spend at least four days together a week, but we never call each other or email each other, our relationship is a matter of looking over the fence to see if we are home working in the garden, or me hanging out the kitchen window yelling into her living room window when I see the light come on to ask if she wants to pop over for a glass of wine. I love our easy going way, we toss vegetables or flowers to each other through open windows, and we miss each other when one is traveling - sticky beak is indeed our wine.



The Particulars
Winery: Stickybeak Wines
Varietal: Syrah
AVA: 80% Napa Valley, 20% Atlas Peak, California
Vintage: 2008
Alcohol: 14.8% - yep, she's a big one
Price:  $18.99
Rating = BUY IT

No comments:

Post a Comment