Monday, August 8, 2011

Esporao Reserva 2006


I bought this wine so long ago at a tasting and I've just been waiting for a laid back night to enjoy it. And really, sitting here with the laptop in front of me, glass of red wine by my right hand is the perfect setting for this wine. I just love it. This wine is a mix of Aragones, Trincadeira, Cabernet and Alicante Bouschet (a varietal I became familiar with on our trip to Lodi California a few years ago), if you don't know these varietals, please do not let that stop you from experimenting with new wines, you should always try new shit - and the shit coming out of Portugal right now is pretty friggin fantastic. This wine is huge fruit forward, jammy in your face, with just the hint of sweetness on the end, and the 14.5% alcohol doesn't come through at all, there is no hotness or burn at all. Give it a try.


The Particulars
Winery: Esporoa 
Varietal: Aragones, Trincadeira, Cabernet and Alicante BouschetDOC: ReguengosVintage: 2006
Alcohol: 14.5%
Price:  $23

Rating = Buy It

No comments:

Post a Comment